NS3D is a direct numerical simulation (DNS) code that integrates the incompressible
Navier-Stokes Three-Dimensional (NS3D) equations. Its main features are:
- pseudo-spectral numerical method, imposing periodic boundary conditions,
- homogeneous fluid, or stratified fluid under the Boussinesq approximation,
- possibility to add a frame background rotation,
- non-perturbative simulations or perturbative simulations around a base state,
- sequential execution or parallel MPI execution,
- written in FORTRAN 90 for a Unix/Linux environment.
A documentation is available in pdf here.
The changelog is available here.